Removalist Essentials, the Must Do’s
Moving your home or office can be a huge task. Removalist companies pop up and fade swiftly because many people imagine a removalists job is an easy one. The simple reality is, it’s not easy and there are many essentials that must be done.
Whether you are after a removalist for your home or office, there are considerations that you must figure. If you need to hire a professional removalist, you can rest assured of our services. But let’s look closely at what professional removalist essential services are all about.
Removalist Essentials 1. Planning
It’s sometimes said if you fail to plan you plan to fail. This holds true for removalists. Before your move, it’s important to spend time planning everything. This includes organising your items and valuables and scheduling your move.
Think about what you need to move. It’s easy to build up a lot of things, clothes and furniture that you no longer use. So eliminating the clutter around your home or office will save you time and money before you call a removalist.
Organise all the items you need to move by sorting them into categories. For example, all tools and hardware can be packed in similar boxes. This will assist finding your items at the end of your move and prevent the risk of damage when you’re ready to call a removalist.
If you spend the time doing these things in planning, your move will be less stressful and you will minimise your time and costs.
Removalist Essentials 2. Packing
After taking the first step in planning your move and organising what exactly you will need at your new location, it’s time to start packing. You can either choose to do this yourself or have us professionally pack all your items. If you do choose to do the packing yourself, here are a few things you’ll need to get started:
- Packing Boxes: light boxes yet strong enough to pack your items into without busting at the seems
- Smaller Boxes: Ideal for carrying heavy items. If you pack too many heavy items in a very large box, it will be difficult to handle
- Larger Boxes: For your lighter items
- Packing Tape: To seal boxes closed so there is no risk of your items falling out
- Labels: Whether you use printed labels or simply use a marker to write by hand, it’s important to label each box so you can find things easily at your destination. Either label them to indicate the contents. For example, pots, pans, plates. Or you can label the room the items belong to. For example, kitchen, laundry, study. A little time spent labelling from the start will save you a lot of time at the end of the job.
- Avoid Stacking Heavy Boxes. Heavy boxes piled on top of each other will simply crush boxes at the bottom so think about the weight.
Removalist Essentials 3. Loading
It doesn’t matter if you’re moving your office or your home from an apartment or house, you will need all your items loaded into a transport vehicle. Because boxes are cubed in shape, they are fairly simple to load. Heavy boxes at the bottom with lighter boxes up top. But a big difference in box size will make it difficult and if you’re not sure what you’re doing you will waste space in the truck. Your furniture will be even more challenging. Large items with irregular shape will have to be loaded correctly to save on space and to avoid damage. Disassembly of large furniture may also be needed before moving the items through doorways and into the truck.
Removalist Essentials 4. Transportation
Moving any home or office will usually mean you will need more than a back seat of a car to move your items. Specially designed trucks with high ceilings and easy access to lifters or ramps for trolleys. These are not only huge time savers but it will also minimise the risk of damage to your items.l
These are just some of the essentials a good removalist will do for you. Ensuring these steps are covered will save you time and costs, and keep your items safe from damage or loss. Just ask us about our removalist services and how we can help you with your next move.